David Letterman had the Tonys on his brain when he revealed his nightly Top Ten list on the June 11 episode of Late Show with David Letterman: "Top 10 Ways to Make the Tony Awards More Exciting." The theme was an appropriate one, as Tony host Sean Hayes was the top guest on the show, and CBS airs both Late Show and the 2010 Tony telecast, which will be presented live on Sunday, June 13 at 8PM.
And now, the Top 10 Ways to Make the Tony Awards More Exciting…
10. Takes place on Broadway—in the middle of traffic
9. Sequin-eating contest
8. Helen Thomas comes out and yells at the winners
7. Special award for Gary Arkin, the only straight actor on Broadway
6. No entry—writer eating cake
5. Change overtime rules so each team gets at least one possession!
4. Tony Shalhoub is a presenter. What more do you people want?
3. Give a lifetime achievement award to Osama—when he shows up, grab him
2. Who cares, by Sunday we'll all be drowning in BP oil
1. Like I know anything about how to make a show exciting