Not to get all frat boy on you, but there are some things that deserve a drinking game, and the 2011 Tony Awards is one of them. Of course, we at Broadway.com don't really need an excuse to booze it up (tequila, limes and salt may or may not be standard issue here), but three hours of watching Broadway show off its jazz hands on network TV means it’s time for the official Broadway.com 2011 Tony Awards Drinking Game. Break out the bubbly and play along (milk is a good choice if you’re under 21—or Mormon); we’ll be live-tweeting drinking cues with the hashtag #chugchugtonyawards.
• Take a sip if someone mentions Alec Baldwin running for mayor.
• Drink if you hear the name Anthony Weiner.
• Chug if anyone alludes to tweeting their junk.
• Gratuitous shot of How to Succeed star Daniel Radcliffe? Drink!
• If one half of a couple is on stage and the audience reaction shot is the other crying, chug! (Couples include but are not restricted to Laura Benanti and Steven Pasquale, Sutton Foster and Bobby Cannavale, Norbert Leo Butz and Michelle Federer, Trey Parker and Matt Stone—not a couple but valid for our purposes.)
• Did someone just look fake-shocked at those raunchy Book of Mormon jokes? Bottoms up!
• Take a shot if you see any of these non-nominees smiling like they are “just happy to celebrate Broadway”: Aaron Tveit, Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Stiller, John Leguizamo or Robin Williams.
• Chug if The Motherf**ker With the Hat’s Chris Rock starts trending on Twitter.
• Did someone ask who the hell Kim Kardashian is? Drink! Was it Edie Falco asking? Drink again!
• Is Jerusalem star Mark Rylance spouting poetry? Chug!
• Did someone just say the word "Zarkana"? Pour yourself another glass!
• Obvious Jokes
• Is that Neil Patrick Harris in a dress a la Priscilla… or (eek!) The Importance of Being Earnest? Time for a shot!
• If you hear jokes about any of the following: boy wizards, tiger blood, sister wives, the word motherf**ker or Spider-Man, you know what to do: drink and rise above!
L’chaim, Tony watchers!