Leapin’ lizards! Annie star Lilla Crawford leaped to the top this week’s top five list with her new video blog. Speaking of powerful ladies, Sherie Rene Scott gave a revealing interview to Broadway.com Editor-in-Chief Paul Wontorek, Cyndi Lauper shared pre-Tony secrets and costumer William Ivey Long revealed how he makes stars look their best. Click below to catch up with our most-watched video features from June 12 to June 18.
1. Simply Red: Backstage at Annie With Lilla Crawford, Episode 1: Kicking off her new video blog with “24 Hours Till Tonys,” vivacious Annie title star Lilla Crawford shows off her Tony night dress, lets us eavesdrop on a session with her vocal coach and shares tea time with co-star Merwin Foard.
2. Show People With Sherie Rene Scott: Tony-nominated star Sherie Rene Scott discusses the return of her “raw and flesh and bloody” cabaret show Piece of Meat at 54 Below, her enduring love for The Last Five Years and why she feels that “obscurity is the new fame.”
3. Designing Broadway with Cinderella’s William Ivey Long: Six-time Tony-winning costume designer William Ivey Long recaps his amazing Broadway career, from the life-changing 1982 production of Nine to his inspirations for the Main Stem debut of Cinderella.
4. Secrets of the 2013 Tony Nominees: Cyndi Lauper : Before winning a Best Score Tony for Kinky Boots, Cyndi Lauper talked about the prizes she’d already won, her enduring love of West Side Story and how her red carpet “process” is like Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard.
5. The Broadway.com Show, Episode 17: In the wake of the 2013 Tony Awards, Broadway.com editors devoted an entire episode of our weekly pop culture video roundup to the big night, reviewing the winners and sharing highlights of the telecast. Click on for a recap!