The Booth Theatre opened in 1913 and was designed by Henry B. Herts as a companion to The Shubert Theatre. It was named after an earlier theater which was named for actor Edwin Booth, who happened to be the brother of John Wilkes Booth.
This intimate auditorium was intended for small dramatic plays or one-man shows. It had one major restoration in 1979 and remains part of the Shubert Organization.
Other notesHandicap AccessibleYesHearing AssistanceYesCapacity806
- A wheelchair accessible restroom (unisex) is available on the main level. Mens restroom is located in the lower lounge. Womens restrooms are located in the lower lounge and on the mezzanine level. A pay phone is located in the lobby.
- There is one step into the theatre from the sidewalk.
- Air Conditioned
- Wheelchair Seating Available
- Assisted listening system available