The John Golden Theatre opened in 1927 under its original name, The Theatre Masque. It was one of six theaters built by the Chanin Brothers and was designed by Herbert J. Krapp to house intimate plays. In 1937 it was renamed for the theatrical producer John Golden. The John Golden has since changed hands to The Shubert Organization. The venue has been most successful with small dramatic plays and one-man shows
Other notesHandicap AccessibleYesHearing AssistanceYesCapacity804
- There are no wheelchair accessible restrooms. Restrooms are located down two flights of stairs. A pay phone is located in the lower lounge. A water fountain is located in the lower lounge.
- There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk.
- Air Conditioned
- Wheelchair Seating Available
- Assisted listening system available