The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre was built in 1910 as The Globe, named after Shakespeare’s original theater. Until 1932, when the theater was converted into a movie house, the venue featured a retractable roof to cool the patrons during summer months .
In 1958, the theater was named after husband/wife actors Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne, who performed in the newly renovated theater’s first production, The Visit.
Other notesHandicap AccessibleYesHearing AssistanceYesCapacity1509
- There is a handicapped restroom on the main floor. Restrooms are located on the lower and mezzanine levels. Concessions are served on the mezzanine and main levels.
- Air Conditioned
- Wheelchair Seating Available
- Assisted listening system available