Skip Navigation
 

Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre

New York, NY
 
Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
242 W 45th St
New York, NY 10036

Overview

The Bernard B. Jacobs was built by the Shuberts as The Royal Theatre in 1927. It briefly changed hands in the 1930s, when it was used for radio theater. The space was re-acquired by the Shuberts in 1940.

In 2005, it was officially renamed to honor the Shubert Organization’s former president Bernard B. Jacobs.

Handicap Accessible
Yes
Hearing Assistance
Yes
Capacity
1101
  • A wheelchair accessible restroom (unisex) is located on the orchestra level. Additional restrooms are located down one flight of stairs. Water fountains are located in the restrooms. A pay phone is located in the lobby.
  • There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk.
  • Air Conditioned
  • Wheelchair Seating Available
  • Assisted listening system available

© 2017 BROADWAY.COM

1.800.BROADWAY