BOOK OF MORMON BOOK GIVEAWAY CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. TO ENTER the Contest, complete the official entry form available at www.broadway.com , along with a short essay of 100 words or less, no exceptions, explaining why you should be entitled to win a copy of the book The Book of Mormon: The Testament of a Broadway Musical. All contest entries/essays must be submitted between 5:00 PM EST on 12/17/2012 and 12:00 PM EST on 12/20/2012. LIMIT: One entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be honored. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, misrouted or postage due entries/mail. Entries/essays become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, extend or modify the contest in the event that an insufficient number of qualified entries are received.
2. JUDGING: Each essay will be ranked in the following criteria: (a) Originality/Creativity (65%) and (b) Appropriateness to Subject Matter (35%). Entries will initially be judged by the Broadway.com editorial staff. The top ten entrants whose essays earn the highest overall scores will be considered finalists. The finalists will be judged using the same criteria by certain cast members from The Book of Mormon. The top 3 entrants from the finalists whose essays earn the highest overall scores will be the winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected based on the Originality/Creativity criterion. Essay must be original, of entrant's own writing style and creation. Essay must not have been entered in any other competition or violate the rights of other parties. Essay may not be offensive or defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by the judges. Participant assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title and interest to the essay. Judging will be conducted on or about 12/20/2012.
3. PRIZE(S): Three Grand Prizes: A copy of the book The Book of Mormon: The Testament of a Broadway Musical (Approximate Retail Value: $45.00). No prize substitution or cash redemption allowed by winner(s). Prize(s) are not transferable. Taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with similar prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Sponsor shall have all rights to copy, edit, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any essay, copyrighted or copyrightable materials, in any manner without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). Prize winner(s) will be notified by mail or phone and may be required to execute an Affidavit and Publicity/Liability Release within five (5) days of date notice sent or prize will be forfeited. If prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. One prize per person.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older as of participation date. Contest open to amateur writers only. Professional writers (persons who have been paid for their writing in the past one year) are not eligible. All employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible to win. By submitting an entry and essay, participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entry constitutes permission to use winners' names and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). Sponsor and their promotional and advertising agencies shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by participant(s) for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorney's fees. Offer void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws.
5. General: Sponsor and its affiliated and parent company, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors and may rescind, cancel or revoke this contest based upon any such error or other reasons beyond its reasonable control without liability and at its sole discretion. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants waive all right to, and hold harmless, Sponsor and its advertising and promotions agencies from any loss, damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
6. WINNER(S) LIST: Send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope to: Broadway.com Book of Mormon Contest, 729 Seventh Ave., 7th Fl., New York, NY 10019. Requests must be received by December 31, 2012. DO NOT SEND ANY OTHER CORRESPONDENCE OR ENTRIES/ESSAYS TO THIS P.O. BOX.
7. SPONSOR: Key Brand Entertainment Inc., the parent company of Broadway.com, 1619 Broadway 9th Floor New York, New York 10019.