Over the Thanksgiving holiday, it’s no surprise that theater fans couldn’t get enough of Broadway.com’s exclusive video coverage. Among the most-watched videos from November 21 through November 27: all the fun of the Christmas Story opening night, inside info on the making of Giant, carb loading tips from Corey Cott and more.
1. Opening Night Coverage of A Christmas Story: Topping the video charts is Broadway.com’s festive coverage of opening night at A Christmas Story, the Musical. From the delighted composers to star Erin Dilly’s Christmas wish for “a bottle of wine and a long nap,” this feature is pure fun.
2. Behind the Music With Michael John LaChiusa: Giant composer Michael John LaChiusa headlines a comprehensive and fascinating behind-the-scenes look at his musical adaptation of Edna Ferber’s novel, now delighting audiences at the Public Theater.
3. King of New York, Episode 7: Thanksgiving came early for Corey Cott and his Newsies castmates, who headed out to Peter’s restaurant between shows to enjoy a calorie-laden dinner of brisket, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, corn muffins and more. Don’t watch this one hungry!
4. Opening Night Coverage of Annie: For the second week in a row, fans pushed our Annie opening night coverage into the top five. Those charming kids (and talented grown-ups) at the Palace Theatre have made this sparkling revival a hit.
5. My Space With Elf’s Leslie Kritzer: Broadway favorite Leslie Kritzer, now starring at Jovie in Elf, shows off her Keurig coffeemaker, Tom Ford perfume, “power thought” cards and more goodies in her dressing room at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.