We're getting ready for the winter’s first big snow storm, and while most people are prepping by buying groceries, candles and batteries, we know what you really need is entertainment (like YouTube videos). We've got you covered! To avoid cabin fever and keep you busy during the blizzard, read on!
1. Cuddle Up with Lin-Manuel Miranda as You Bond Over the Smash Premiere
Tony winner Lin-Manuel live-tweeted the season two premiere of Smash and it’s #genius.
2. Worship at the Altar of Divadom as You Watch Sierra Boggess in Phantom of the Opera 25
If you haven’t seen Boggess’ "definitive" Christine Daae, you are excused from reading the rest of this list! Seriously, go. Now!
3. Join Us in a Crazy Broadway YouTube Spiral
So many recommended videos so little time. Have you experienced Jessie Mueller’s "Being Alive"?! Or Lindsay Mendez & Betsy Wolfe duet of "Meadowlark"? Aaron Tveit’s adorable “Run Away With Me”? SJB’s “Funny Girl Medley”?! Shoshana Bean's Effie White?!? Or our favorite high school production of Rent EVER?!??? You're welcome.
4. Chainwatch All 13 Episodes of House of Cards
It's intense. It's political. It stars Tony winner Kevin Spacey and stage vets like Sebastian Arcelus, Kristen Connolly and Ben Daniels. Thirteen hours well spent, we promise.
5. It's Never Too Early to Predict Tony Noms!
It's nowhere near Tony time, but so what? Hardbody vs. Kinky Boots? Laura Osnes or the Matilda girls? You know we're obsessed!
6. Practice Being Rachelle Rak
Put on your leg warmers and cha-cha-puus! Bust out your best leotard and bite the apple! Hey Molly, if don't know what we mean, fire up #RakNRoll and learn, children.
7. Stage the Fake Smash Musical Bombshell
Get out the Barbies and make Bombshell happen. Who's playing Marilyn? Your choice now! You can even use the show’s soundtrack and recreate that crazy steam room dance number. Let Skipper be your star!
8. Feed Your Broadway Fix with 24 Hours of Show People
That's a whole day (and night!) of Paul Wontorek (and Kristin Chenoweth, Sutton Foster, Darren Criss, etc.). We get to see Paul every day. Your turn.
9. Dream Cast Girls as a Musical
We tried a few times and never came up with much. Good luck (and stay warm)!