The New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled February 28 that Oscar winner and three-time Tony nominee Philip Seymour Hoffman died of an accidental overdose. According to the Wall Street Journal, the acting legend had several narcotics in his system, including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine.
Hoffman was found dead in his New York City apartment on February 2. The drugs found in his apartment included the anti-anxiety drug Hydroxyzine, the muscle relaxer Methocarbamol, the addiction medication Buprenorphine, the ADHD drug Vyvanse and blood pressure drug Clonidine. Only the muscle relaxer and blood pressure medications appeared to have been prescribed.
Hoffman was last seen on Broadway in 2012 playing Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman, a performance that took its toll on the acting legend. He died aged 46 years old, father of three children: Cooper, Tallulah and Willa.