The Al Hirschfeld Theatre opened in 1924 under the name the Martin Beck. Designed by the architect G. Albert Alnsburgh, the theater was described by The New York Times as the only theater in America made in Byzantine fashion.
The theater was owned by the Beck family until 1966. Today it is owned by Jujamcyn Theaters. It was renamed in 2003 to honor Al Hirschfeld, illustrator of the New York theater scene.
Other notesHandicap AccessibleYesHearing AssistanceYesCapacity1437
- A wheelchair accessible restroom (unisex) is available on the lobby level. The mens restroom is located on the mezzanine level. A ladies restroom is located on the lower lounge level.
- There are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk.
- Air Conditioned
- Wheelchair Seating Available
- Assisted listening system available