Broadway.com is your top source for exclusive video features designed to delight stage fans. Our five most-watched video stories from March 6 through March 12 include a revealing conversation with Broadway vet and rising movie star Skylar Astin, behind-the-scenes looks at Matilda and Cinderella and more.
1. Show People With Skylar Astin: Charming Spring Awakening vet Skylar Astin chats with Broadway.com Editor-in-Chief Paul Wontorek about his new film comedy 21 and Over (including secrets of wearing a nudity “sock”), his breakout film role in Pitch Perfect and his many famous female co-stars.
2. Making Matilda, Episode 1: Matilda librettist Dennis Kelly explains the appeal of transforming Roald Dahl’s beloved children’s book to the stage, praising the title character’s admirable “sense of justice” and how audiences will get in touch with their childlike side at this highly anticipated new musical.
3. The Princess Diary: Backstage at Cinderella With Laura Osnes, Episode 2 : Cinderella star Laura Osnes shares all the opening night fun, from choosing a fish for Santino Fontana (as a gift, not dinner), baking cupcakes for the cast, greeting her family and glamming up for the first-night celebration.
4. I Love Rak 'n' Roll: On the Road With Flashdance's Rachelle Rak, Episode 10: In her final Broadway.com vlog, fun-loving Flashdance leading lady Rachelle Rak rocks out to her title tune ("rock," not "rak") in a Fort Lauderdale bar, chats with Sergio Trujillo and more. Cha-cha puus, over and out! Thanks for the fun, Rachelle.
5. Behind the Scenes at Pippin’s Commercial Shoot; Broadway.com goes on location at Bravo Studios with Pippin Leading Player Patina Miller as the Tony-nominated star films a sassy 15-second “teaser” commercial for the Broadway revival of Stephen Schwartz’s beloved musical. Nice jazz hands, Patina!