If we may toot our own horn, Broadway.com is blessed with a trio of absolutely awesome video bloggers at the moment, and all three made the list of the five most-watched videos from March 27 through April 2. Joining Laura Osnes, Billy Porter and Alan Cumming on this week’s top five list are an irresistible Broadway-style Harlem Shake and Motown star Brandon Victor Dixon’s appearance on Show People. Click below to catch up!
1. The Hands on a Hardbody Cast Does the Harlem Shake: Fun things come in small packages, and fans flocked to this exclusive clip of Phish frontman-turned-Broadway composer Trey Anastasio leading the cast of Hands on a Hardbody in the Harlem Shake. Watch the stars shimmy, then see them live at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
2. Show People With Motown Star Brandon Victor Dixon: A tennis match at Berry Gordy’s L.A. estate? That’s just one of Brandon Victor Dixon’s perks in playing the recording giant in Motown the Musical. The Broadway headliner joined Editor-in-Chief Paul Wontorek to chat about this exciting new musical and review highlights of his career.
3. The Princess Diary: Backstage at Cinderella With Laura Osnes, Episode 5: Fans of Santino Fontana’s fish Herman rejoice: The finned star makes a return appearance in Cinderella star Laura Osnes’ latest vlog entry, plus a very early morning trip to the Today show, a glam photo shoot with designer Randi Rahm and more. Great episode!
4. Land of Lola: Backstage at Kinky Boots With Billy Porter, Episode 1: Billy Porter gets his vlog off to a rousing start by nudging Kinky Boots composer Cyndi Lauper to name-check Broadway.com at a New York Times event, offering a rare peek at a put-in rehearsal of a new musical number, plus a Lola makeup session, physical therapy & more. Wow!
5. The Cumming Attraction: Backstage at Macbeth With Alan Cumming, Episode 3: Never mind “the Scottish play”: Macbeth star Alan Cumming explains why he doesn’t subscribe to the superstition against uttering the title of Shakespeare’s tragedy. The Tony-winning star also goes to a suit fitting, runs lines at the Edison Café and conducts an underpants giveaway!