Fox has made it possible for fans to stick with Rachel Berry, Kurt Hummel & co. all the way through their Master’s degrees! Yes, in a somewhat surprising move, Glee has been renewed for seasons five and six, according to TVLine.com. No word yet on if the series’ cavalcade of stars, including Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison and Darren Criss, will appear on either or both new seasons.
Here’s to hoping over the next two years Glee does not go down the road of Saved by the Bell or 90210, long-running series that also began in high school and then continued through the characters’ adult lives.
Set at the fictional McKinley High School, Glee follows a group of misfit students who come together to form a show choir, The New Directions. Under the guidance of their devoted advisor (Morrison), the students battle the hardships of high school and savor in the thrill of performing. Season four of the series notably introduced a subplot of McKinley High graduates trying to make it as theater performers in New York City.
In honor of Glee’s big news, we’ve compiled five plot twists we’d most like to see over the next two seasons.
1. Rachel Berry breaks onto Broadway and co-stars in a show with either Ivy Lynn or Karen Cartwright. (Why not just combine Smash and Glee?)
2. Will and Emma get pregnant and Emma freaks out over the messiness of expecting. (Hours of comedy right there, Ryan Murphy)
3. Kurt and Blaine get same-sex married, and somehow Rachel ends up stealing their thunder. (Aw)
4. Mercedes and Unique become roommates in Los Angeles, and fans follow their struggle breaking into the music industry. (Glitter meets Showgirls)
5. Glee recruits Aaron Tveit or Steve Kazee or some other Broadway eye candy as another co-star of Rachel’s stage musical and the two begin a torrid affair. (Yes, please!)