Summer lull? Not in Broadway.com’s video coverage! This week, we go on location to Stagedoor Manor theater camp and the annual Jimmy Awards and offer irresistible new vlog entries from Broadway stars Lindsay Mendez and Lilla Crawford, plus a holiday week episode of The Broadway.com Show. Click below to catch up on the most-watched video features from July 3 to July 9:
1. Fly Girl: Backstage at Wicked With Lindsay Mendez, Episode 1: It’s not easy getting green, and Wicked star Lindsay Mendez gives fans a thrilling glimpse into how she becomes Elphaba in the fabulous first episode of her new video blog. Take a tour of Mendez’s Gershwin Theatre dressing room and watch makeup artist Craig Jessup and the rest of Team Green complete the transformation, with cameos from co-stars Katie Rose Clarke and Derek Klena.
2. The Broadway.com Show, Episode 20: In the latest episode of our weekly roundup of what’s hot on and off stage, Broadway.com editors pledge allegiance to all-American musicals, catch fans up on casting scoop, salute Star of the Week Matthew Morrison and offer a smackdown between Broadway Zacharys (Levi and Braff, that is).
3. On the Scene With the Campers of Stagedoor Manor: Broadway.com editor-in-chief Paul Wontorek goes on location at the legendary theater camp Stagedoor Manor in upstate New York to chat with the talented teens who are prepping to star in a (very professional looking) production of Miss Saigon under the watchful eye of lyricist Richard Maltby Jr. Next stop, Broadway!
4. Simply Red: Backstage at Annie With Lilla Crawford, Episode 4: It’s a typically busy week for vlogger Lilla Crawford of Annie, who juggles a staged reading of the new musical Home (including a visit with the great Diane Ladd!), the birthday party of Broadway pal Alex Dreier, a backstage chat with Ann headliner Holland Taylor (Lilla swipes a souvenir!) , plus a phethora of fan gifts and teatime with co-star J. Elaine Marcos.
5. On the Scene at the Jimmy Awards: Broadway.com heads to the Minskoff Theatre to meet the hosts, presenters and creative team behind the 2013 Jimmy Awards, which honor the best high school-age musical performers from around the country. Where else would you see Kathleen Turner, Laura Osnes and the child stars of The Lion King in one video feature?